Support › PSP Video Guide
1. Install and run "PSP Movie Creator" on your PC.
2. Click "Open ..." button to open a video file or DVD disc. PSP Movie Creator will then start playing the movie in the preview window.
3. When movie starts, click "Start Recording" button. (You can change output file size, audio quality etc, before recording).
4. When the process finishes, click transfer to PSP button to transfer & manage PSP video files.
1. How to make a video thumbnail to be shown on PSP?
THM file is coupled with MP4 (video) file providing video thumbnail feature on your Sony PSP. You can capture a video thumbnail in PSP Movie Creator during both preview and recording. Click the Thumbnail button (on the right of the "Record it " botton) to save the current video frame as a thumbnail (*.THM file) . This helps to identify the video content easily in PSP. The THM file is actually in JPG format. You can associate THM files with any image viewer on your PC so that you can double click and view it easily on your computer.
2. How to play MP4 file on computer?
You can install Quicktime or VLC player to play MP4 video files on your PC.
3. You can check the free space available in your memory stick by clicking "PSP Video Transfer" menu. It will display memory card usage on a pie chart.
4. You can use left/right arrow key to adjust the current movie position instead of dragging the movie position bar.
5. If you use Nero 6 DVD decoders, you can update to its latest version for best performance.